The Fusion Industry Association (FIA) is expanding its presence in the United Kingdom and Europe.
The FIA is the unified voice of the fusion industry, working to transform the energy system with commercially viable fusion power. It represents the interests of its members; the private companies that are commercializing clean, safe, available fusion energy.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead our expansion in setting up and leading a new London-based office, reporting directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and growing the FIA’s presence in the UK and EU markets.
- Adapt and implement the FIA’s strategic priorities for advocacy towards UK and EU governments, in line with the overall Association strategy.
- Manage and grow the Association’s presence in the UK and EU markets, including recruiting new Affiliate Members.
- Represent FIA interests and build relationships with key fusion stakeholders, including political leaders, press, national laboratories, energy industry, non-profits, and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and laws, including data protection, employment, lobbying, and tax laws.
- Balance the overlapping or conflicting interests of member companies in an ethical, consensus-based manner so maximize the collective impact of industry’s voice.
- Manage the office’s budget, including overhead, travel, and projections for growth.
- Experience and relationships with leaders in both the UK or EU on fusion energy.
- Strong understanding of the UK and EU fusion energy programs, related programs, and opportunities for expansion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement FIA priorities.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience managing budgets and financial performance.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results.
- Ability to work independently.
Location: It is expected that the position will focus on work in London, UK, but the successful applicant should be flexible and expect to travel, work remotely, and engage across international borders.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience, time, and qualifications.
If you are passionate about fusion energy, are willing to take risks to independently start new programs, and have a proven track record of success in managing operations and teams, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Applicants for the role should send a 1.) cover letter and 2.) resume to FIA at FIA@FusionIndustryAssociation.org. Please be prepared to supply references on request.