Fusion energy is well-represented at the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Dubai.
December 5 will be Energy Day at COP28. Representatives of FIA member company Commonwealth Fusion Systems and TAE Technologies will participate in a panel discussion after US Special Envoy for Climate, John Kerry introduces the US’ new international fusion energy engagement strategy. The panel will take place at the Atlantic Council’s Global Energy Forum, happening at the Connect Conference Centre, located in the Opportunity Entrance at the COP28 Green Zone, Expo City Dubai.
The FIA welcomes the United States’ new international strategy for fusion because it will allow like-minded countries to work together to accelerate fusion commercialization. China is rapidly increasing its efforts on fusion: it’s time for the US to assemble its allies to make sure it wins the race to fusion energy.
Video of the event is streamed live below:
Other fusion events that the FIA is tracking at COP are listed below.
- Dec 1: Panel between IAEA’s Rafael Mariano Grossi, ITER’s Laban Coblenz, and Type One Energy’s Christofer Mowry
- Dec 2: Sustainable Markets Initiative launches a new “Fusion Task Force” to accelerate the commercialisation of fusion energy.
- Dec 5: Fusion regulatory landscape panel hosted by Energy for the Common Good
- Dec 6: Fusion panel hosted by ECG at the ITER pavilion
- Dec 6: ITER Pavilion, “Transforming How We Energize the World”
- Dec 9: Clean Air Task Force is hosting a fusion panel