The Fusion Industry Association (FIA) is hiring for a paid, part-time intern this Spring, 2024 with in-person work opportunity in DC as needed.
The FIA is the unified voice of the fusion industry, working to transform the energy system with commercially viable fusion power. It represents the interests of its members; the private companies that are commercializing clean, safe, available fusion energy.
We are seeking a motivated individual to intern part-time with us, reporting directly to the Manager for Outreach. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing blog posts on developing fusion news, contributing to social media outreach and several website designing and development projects, and will have the opportunity to develop a project related to FIA priorities, based on your personal and professional interests. The ideal candidate will be working towards a higher-ed degree here in Washington DC, although this can be flexible.
- Writing blog posts based on FIA priorities and fusion news for our website.
- Conducting social media outreach (Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Contributing to the reconfiguring of several FIA website aspects on WordPress.
- Helping develop video and podcast series plans, in conjunction with our Fusion News video and podcast series.
- Assisting in executing the FIA Annual Membership Meeting & Conference. (Must be able to attend and help with the DC conference in person in March.)
- Opportunity to develop a self-led project, based on personal and professional interests, related to FIA priorities in government partnerships, regulations, and/or growing the fusion energy economy.
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience in WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
- Can be a current university student or a recent graduate
Location: It is expected that candidates will be based in Washington, DC, for in-person work as needed, although the bulk of the position will be able to be conducted remotely.
If you are passionate about fusion energy and are interested in learning more about fusion policy, regulatory activity, and industry developments, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. (Physics and scientific background is not required.)
TO APPLY: Applicants for the role should send a 1.) cover letter and 2.) resume to Caroline Anderson, FIA Manager for Outreach at Caroline@FusionIndustryAssociation.org. Please be prepared to supply references on request.