On March 17, 2022, the White House will convene a summit of government leaders, policymakers, scientists, investors, stakeholders, and private industry to start building a plan for American leadership in commercial fusion energy.
Details of the summit are available on the White House Website. An agenda is forthcoming, but participants are expected to include:
- Jennifer Granholm, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Gina McCarthy, National Climate Advisor
- Dr. Alondra Nelson, Head of OSTP and Deputy Assistant to the President
- Brenda Mallory, Chair of Council on Environmental Quality
- Dr. Geraldine Richmond, DOE Under Secretary for Science and Innovation
- Shalanda Baker, DOE Secretarial Advisor on Equity and Deputy Director for Energy Justice in the Office of Economic Impact and Diversity
- Dr. Sally Benson, OSTP Deputy Director for Energy and Chief Strategist for the Energy Transition
The Fusion Industry Association and its member companies are excited to take part in this event. Now is the time for bold action that will lead to commercialization of clean, safe, sustainable fusion energy. With sustained investment and deep partnerships between science, government, and the private sector, fusion will be the basis for the next great industry. Fusion will be a key solution to the climate crisis, and it will finally break the tie between geopolitics and natural resources.
The FIA will continue to update this page as more information is made available. The public event will be livestreamed, and can be watched below.